And now the answers to yesterday’s quiz…
1. Small “crackle-glass” mini pitcher, made at a long-defunct glass plant once located in my hometown of Dunbar, and imaginatively called Dunbar Glass. It was the first thing I ever bought off eBay, way back in ’96 or something.
2. A baseball signed by Mickey Mantle, aka The Greatest Baseball Player Ever. I wrote about the day I secured it, here.
3. A baseball signed by Johnny Bench, aka Also The Greatest Baseball Player Ever. Toney gave it to me as a Christmas present years ago, so I didn’t actually see him sign it. But it came from a reputable dealer, with a certificate of authenticity, etc. So it’s gotta be real, right?
4. Johnny Bench figurine-type deal. I think Steve gave it to me.
5. My class ring from good ol’ Dunbar High. On one side it features an angry-looking bulldog, and on the other is the West Virginia state seal. An ex-girlfriend had it for years, but I made a big, loud point of getting it back when everything went down the crap-catcher. It barely fits over my pinkie at this point.
Also in the picture, but not part of the contest, is a miniature Mayberry police car, and a British pound coin, brought home from London.
So, there ya go. Who did the best? Did anyone get two? Hash it out in the comments, and I’ll see you guys in a few hours.