It’s been one hell of a week, my friends. And it ain’t over. Already today I’ve had my windshield repaired, although the guy couldn’t tell me if it’ll pass inspection. I gave him the international sign for WTF? but he would not abandon the company line. We’ll see tomorrow, I guess. What a bunch of turd jugglers.
Today I need to go to work early (again) so I’m just gonna share some quick links. But there’s some good stuff here; no reason to despair.
- Firstly… our friend Metten has started blogging at the old Mockable domain and posted his first update on Boxing Day. Check it out: A Glove Compartment Full of American Cheese Food. Welcome back, Metten! This is going to be fun.
- I saw an interesting article linked somewhere recently and wanted to get the feedback of Surf Reporters on it. Here it is: 75% Of Adults Aren’t Friends With Any Of Their Neighbors. I’m just curious, are you part of the 75 or the 25? I’m definitely part o’ the former. But I have the Half-Shirts on one side… and the owners of a ludicrous high-stepping killer poodle on the other. I’m not taking all the blame here. Although I am fairly reclusive and antisocial. Oh well. Let me know where you stand.
- A few nights ago I re-watched a highly-entertaining 17-minute documentary from 1986, called Heavy Metal Parking Lot. Are you familiar? Two guys went to the parking lot of a big music venue in Maryland, before a Judas Priest/Dokken concert, and spoke to some of the folks there. It’s one of those concepts that’s so simple and pure it makes me jealous. If you haven’t seen it, and have even the tiniest amount of curiosity, check it out. It’s a lot of fun. It’s EXACTLY like it was when I was in high school. There’s also an interesting Where Are They Now? follow-up, during which they show up unannounced at the home of the so-called “Zebra Man.” Yeah, that’s some good, awkward stuff.
- Last night I watched the first three episodes of a show on Netflix called You. It’s possibly the worst title for a TV show in history, but that’s neither here nor there. It’s some wild shit so far, and I’m already invested. Have you watched the show? It’s twisted! Don’t spoil it for me, but I’d like to know your thoughts on it. And by the way… the lead character is VERY reminiscent of Nostrildamus. For what it’s worth.
- And finally… in the new episode of the podcast, I explain why this has been one hell of a week. I tell you about my car trouble (which featured a mouse nest under the hood!), my first visit to a doctor in seven years, and how I’m apparently going to be shitting in a box soon. Listen here. It’s a fun episode! Please check it out.
And I’m going to work now. Urgh. This tweaked-out schedule is taking its toll on me. I crave normalcy! When will the normalcy return?
Have a great day, boys and girls.
Support us with a monthly $4 donation at Patreon, and get an extra podcast episode every week! We’re also at Venmo (@thewvsr) and PayPal (email@example.com). Thank you, guys!