- The 1980 hit single “Kiss on My List” will often make a person tap their foot and hum along, while tuberculosis can cause a person to expel great quantities of blood and mucus.
- Hall & Oates have sold over 60 million albums worldwide, and mesothelioma can lead to a build-up of fluid between the lung and chest wall.
- The phrase “Transbronchial Lung Biopsy (No Can Do)” doesn’t exactly roll off the tongue.
- “Sara Smile” was Hall & Oates’ first top-ten hit, and was written about Daryl Hall’s then-girlfriend, Sara Allen. Conversely, emphysema killed Dick York.
- “One on One” includes several mixed-references to basketball and romance, and is often used in TV commercials for the NBA. “Black Lung,” on the other hand, is caused by extended exposure to coal dust, and has never been widely embraced by the professional sports community.
- Cystic Fibrosis is known as CF, which is fairly unimaginative. But Hall & Oates had an album called H2O, and that’s kinda cool, when you stop and think about it.
- Hall & Oates’ music is frequently described as “blue-eyed soul,” while a case of pneumonia will cause a person to hock up a load of “green-ass shit.”
- Lung cancer is the most deadly of all cancers. Once “Maneater” gets in your head, it’s impossible to shake, as well. However, the music of Hall & Oates rarely, if ever, leads to hospice care.
I don’t usually recycle so blatantly, but I didn’t have anything prepared today, and am running out of time again. I wrote the above in 2009, for Mockable, a site that metten and I created, and he still maintains. Please check it out. Our old pal lakrfool contributes, as well.
As for a Question… why not tell us about some of the funny and/or interesting things you’ve seen on the internet this week. Have you discovered anything remarkable? Please share, in the comments.
And I’ll write a real (new) update next time. Maybe tomorrow.
Have a great day.