UPDATE: I’m going to stop taking orders for signed copies of the book at midnight on Saturday. Response has been greater than anticipated, and it’s quickly getting out of hand. I appreciate it, sincerely. But it’s getting to the point where I won’t be able to deal with it in a timely manner. I hope this doesn’t cause too many problems. The book will be available at Amazon soon, and we can make arrangements for me to sign those copies at a later date, if you’d like. Thanks, guys! This is an awesome start. The novel is doing well at the Kindle Store, and I’m loving your reviews. Let’s keep it going!
OK, my friends, this is it. Today is the official launch date for my novel, Crossroads Road, and I’m asking for your help. I need to mobilize the Surf Report army.
I know many of you have already purchased the electronic version of the book, and it’s much appreciated. If you haven’t, here are the links again:
I’m hoping the proof copy of the paperback will arrive in the mail today, and if it looks good I’ll make it available as well. It will be $13.95 at Amazon. Please stay tuned.
Also, I’m going to take orders for signed, personalized copies of the paperback. I’ll leave the link active until Saturday (4/2) at midnight. Then I’ll place an order for the appropriate number of books, lay in a large amount of Yuengling, and start signin’.
If you’re PayPal averse, you can send a check to Jeff Kay, PO Box 88, Clarks Summit, PA 18411. Make the check payable to Jeff Kay. Try to get the check to me by April 8, so I can order your copy. Thanks!
And please remember, this is NOT the only way to get the paperback. It’ll also be available at Amazon shortly. This is just for signed copies. If you don’t care about my slightly drunken chicken scratch, you can order it directly from them. They’ll take good care of you.
Also, I’ve taken the liberty of making a list of things you can do to help further the cause. As most of you are aware, this is a huge deal for me. I’ve got a lot wrapped up in this book, and I’m asking for your help. We need to spread the word beyond the Surf Report community. Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their dumbass internet friend.
Here are a few suggestions:
- “Like” the book at Facebook. On the Amazon sales page there’s a little orange icon with a thumbs-up. Please hit that button, if you’re so inclined.
- Post something about the book at Facebook.
- Tweet something about the book at Twitter.
- Post and Tweet again, at a different time of the day. Facebook and Twitter are like a ticker tape, and people miss stuff as it clicks past.
- Write an HONEST review, and post it at Amazon and BN.com. I’m not asking you to stuff the ballot box with five-star reviews. I like five-star reviews, of course, but I’m not advocating for shenanigans. Reviews are especially important, so please leave one if you can.
- Tell your friends and co-workers about the book. If you think they’d like it, and they seem complacent, buy ’em a copy.
- Email your friends, and tell them about Crossroads Road. Provide a link to the Amazon or BN.com sales page.
- Mention the book in a blog post.
- Mention the book in the comments sections of other websites, and also at forums.
- And finally: buy the novel!
Obviously, I’m not asking you to do all these things. But if you can do as many as possible, I’ll be eternally grateful. The weekend is almost here. Please set aside a few minutes to make as many people as possible, in whatever way you choose, aware of Crossroads Road.
Thank you guys. I love you all, with only a couple of exceptions. Please help me spread the word. And if you can think of other, more creative ways to do it, tell us about it in the comments.
See ya next time.