- The man at the front desk informs you your room door is missing its knob, and hands you a chain and padlock instead.
- You find a human jawbone in the nightstand drawer.
- Rats are having sex on the lawn.
- Occasionally the lights dim, and a man’s muffled screams can be heard in the distance.
- You discover an intricately woven pube doily in the tub.
- There’s considerable evidence that somebody recently wiped with your bath mat.
- After you turn off the lamp and TV, beams of light shine through the peepholes drilled into your walls.
- There’s a vending machine in the hall filled with nothing but gauze and other supplies used for dressing wounds.
- The TV only shows hidden camera footage of what’s going on in the other rooms.
- When you take a shower in the morning you notice somebody else’s toenail clippings falling off your legs and collecting on the drain.
- You are awakened by the sound of dogs fighting, and men cheering.
- You find yourself in a philosophical discussion with your travel partner about what each of you see in the giant stains in the carpet (a clipper ship? a child at play?), and what it all means.
Yeah, I’m going to keep working on this one. I ran out of time. Maybe you guys can help me out, as well? What are some other indications you might be in a bad hotel? Use the comments link below.
And I’ll be back tomorrow, with some regular stuff.
See ya then!